You know those dark chocolate orange balls that you hit on the table to reveal a bunch of little slices? My mom used to love to bring those home during the holidays, and they are what inspired me to add some orange to these paleo, gluten-free and vegan fudgy dark chocolate brownies.
Dark Chocolate Orange Brownies
*Makes approximately 12 brownies.
This recipe is paleo-friendly, gluten-free and vegan (if using coconut oil instead of butter).
- 1 1/2 cup creamy Almond Butter
- 3 tbsp Butter (or Coconut Oil, to make it vegan)
- 6 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 6 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of half an Orange
- Squeezed juice from 1 Orange
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×9 baking pan or a 12 cavity brownie pan.
2. Mix together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In the microwave, warm almond butter and butter (or coconut oil) until melted. Add squeezed orange juice, maple syrup, applesauce, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient mixture and stir well until combined.
5. Fold in dark chocolate chips and orange zest.
6. Pour batter into greased pan.
7. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes if using a 9×9 pan, or 10 minutes if using a brownie pan.
8. Let brownies cool for 20-30 minutes before cutting, garnish with additional orange zest if desired.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for Dark Chocolate Orange Brownies
Excellent way of telling, and nice article to obtain information concerning my presentation subject matter, which I am going to present in school.