Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Packed full of fresh veggies and hearty protein, my Homemade Meatloaf is a delicious, nutritious and easy-to-make weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy, especially when paired with mashed potatoes!
For the Meatloaf
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 1 lbs. of ground pork
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
For the Glaze
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic and peppers to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. You can also chop by hand.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl along with the ground beef, ground pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Place the meatloaf into a 9×5 loaf pan and press it in.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar in a medium-size bowl until combined.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and evenly spread on ½ cup of the ketchup glaze on top of the meatloaf and bake for another 15 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.