6 strips of chopped bacon
2 finely minced cloves of garlic
½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
2 seeded and small diced red bell pepper
3 peeled and small diced carrots
4 small diced stalks of celery
1 pound of dry lentils
64 ounces of vegetable stock
1 15-ounce can of chick peas, drained
1 tablespoon each of fresh rosemary and thyme leaves
2 cups of packed baby spinach
2 pounds of skinned salmon, cut into 4 ounce portions
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Add the bacon to a shallow large pot and cook until browned and crispy. Set the bacon aside and add the garlic, onion, peppers, carrots and celery to the pot and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Remove the vegetables and add the lentils and 3/4 of the chicken stock and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until al dente.
4. Add the cooked vegetables, bacon, chick peas, herbs, spinach, and salt and pepper to the pot and stir until combined.
5. Next, pour the remaining stock into the pot and evenly place the salmon fillets right into the stew. Season the tops of the salmon with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until they are cooked through.
6. Serve hot!
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi l Click here to print this recipe