The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Lemon Chickpea Orzo Soup is the easiest, most refreshing and most delicious soup you’ll make this year.
Packed with nutritious goodness from carrots, spinach, chickpeas, tahini and chicken, there’s nothing not to love about this soup! Perfect for an easy weeknight meal and fantastic for meal prepping, we love serving this flavor-packed soup with a fresh, crusty baguette from Heinen’s Bakery.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cartons Heinen’s organic vegetable culinary stock
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cans Heinen’s organic garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s organic sesame tahini
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Heinen’s baby spinach
- 1 whole Heinen’s rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Heinen’s baguette, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Chopped Italian parsley, for serving
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the carrots and sauté for 7-8 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add Heinen’s vegetable culinary stock, salt and pepper to the soup pot and cover. Bring to a boil, then add the orzo and cook for 10 minutes.
- After the orzo is cooked, reduce the heat to low. Add Heinen’s organic garbanzo beans, Heinen’s organic sesame tahini and Heinen’s fresh lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add Heinen’s baby spinach and Heinen’s shredded rotisserie chicken. Stir until the spinach is wilted and the chicken is warmed.
- Serve with a fresh Heinen’s baguette, Italian parsley and lemon wedges.