The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Did you know that Heinen’s sells lobster cakes? As delicious as any lobster cake I’ve tasted in a restaurant, these rich and velvety patties can be found frozen in packs of two in Heinen’s Seafood Department. They make a perfect appetizer when paired with a dipping sauce and can even be a main meal served with a simple green salad and a glass of wine.
Heinen’s corporate chefs even had a hand in developing the recipe, so you won’t find anything like these at other grocery stores, and they’re guaranteed to be delicious every time.
They’re so easy to cook too! Simply sauté in olive oil for a few minutes per side and serve with an easy and delicious homemade remoulade sauce. It’s never been so easy to create a gourmet appetizer at home.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s paprika
- 2 tsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 packages Heinen’s lobster cakes
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- Heinen’s capers, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Green onion, chopped for serving
- Make the remoulade sauce. Combine the mayonnaise, paprika, prepared horseradish, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning, fresh lemon juice and minced garlic in a small bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the lobster cakes to the pan. Cook for 4 minutes per side until golden brown and heated through.
- Set the lobster cakes and remoulade sauce on a platter.
- Serve with the capers, lemon wedges, and chopped green onion.