This recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
The colors of this dish alone will draw you in, but the flavors will keep you coming back for more. Each bite of this delicious salsa is packed with sweet mango, juicy shrimp, creamy avocado and a zesty dressing.
Heinen’s chili powder is the perfect savory addition to balance out the sweet flavors. Easily prepped in advance, serve it cold for a simple summer salsa that is equal parts beautiful and delicious!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 16 oz. bag of frozen shrimp (Thaw according to package instructions and cut each shrimp into thirds.)
- 3 avocados, diced
- 2 cups mango, diced
- 2 cups tomato, diced
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp, garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp, avocado, mango, tomato, pineapple and onion.
Zest the two limes over the top and squeeze in all of the juices.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and add the chili powder, pepper, garlic powder and salt.
- Gently stir to coat all of the ingredients with the spices.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve (3-4 hours max).