The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
You will love this Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad during the warmer months!
This light and healthy salad mixes Heinen’s spiralized zucchini noodles with chickpeas, fresh vegetables, olives, feta cheese, green onions and parsley, and its topped with a light Greek dressing.
This would be great for any BBQ, potluck or summer celebration!
Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- 1 container Heinen's spiralized zucchini noodles
- 1 15 oz. can Heinen's chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 5 oz. Heinen's feta cheese, crumbled
- 4-5 green onions, green and white parts chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
For the Dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 Tbsp.
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lay the zucchini noodles in a single layer on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and let rest for 15 minutes to allow the moisture come out. After 15 minutes, pat dry.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl. Add the chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, feta cheese, green onions and parsley.
- In a Mason jar or a salad dressing container, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar and oregano. Stir or shake to combine.
- Pour over the salad and gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pepperoncinis and lemon wedges.
- This salad does not hold up well as leftovers unless you keep the spiralized vegetables separate.
- Only use the dressing as you eat the salad, otherwise the ingredients will get soggy.
- Add other ingredients, like chopped spinach, arugula, roasted red peppers and other crunchy vegetables.