This recipe and photography was provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com.
I know that the mayo sounds crazy, but it holds all the cheese onto the corn in the most delightful way. Make lots of this one as they will fly off the platter. I especially like to grill the corn for this treatment as the charred nubs of corn look so rustic and pretty.
It’s that easy: Cotija cheese is Mexican Parmesan. Look for it in the Specialty Cheese Department and use it whenever you’d use a lightly salted grated cheese.
Mexican Street Corn
Start-to-Finish: 5 minutes
Hands-on Time: 5 minutes
Makes enough for 6 ears of corn
- 6 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Grill the corn. Here a few simple tips.
- Spread a Tbsp. or so of mayonnaise over the cooked corn.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over and sprinkle all sides with Cotija cheese, chili powder, salt, pepper and cilantro.