The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Anyone with a sweet tooth is sure to be impressed by these Mini Chocolate Chip Cream Puffs!
Perfect for Mother’s Day and even graduation parties, these little desserts look like they came from a bakery, but they’re actually made easily made at home!
The filling is a simple with only four ingredients and the base is a basic French Choux pastry. This may sound intimidating, but if you carefully follow the instructions, they will be perfect.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8-10 Mini Cream Puffs
- 2 3.5 oz. packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups Heinen's heavy cream
- 1 cup Heinen's whole milk
- 1 cup Heinen's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick Heinen’s unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 Heinen's cage free eggs
- Heinen's powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the instant pudding, heavy cream, whole milk and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Add the stick of butter and water to a large pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add the flour and salt and stir until a ball forms. Remove from the heat and transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the bowl, mixing well. Drop the dough in 1 Tbsp. size balls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the pastry cool. Slice the pastry in half, then pipe the filling into the shells. Serve and enjoy.