Autumn vegetables are so abundant and creating a delicious grilled vegetable pizza using naan couldn’t be easier. Naan is a perfect vehicle for just about anything from sweet treats to savory bites. Toasted naan with bananas and Nutella is a favorite.
Today we are starting with grilled naan, topping it with whipped ricotta with a slight hint of lemon and olive oil. I would be happy to stop there, but we are going further with grilled autumn vegetables, arugula and a bit of crumbled goat cheese.
Whipping ricotta transforms it into a smooth and creamy ingredient that is extremely versatile. The savory version can be used with salads, crostini, and pasta, while a sweet version is perfect on fresh fruit or baked goods. Its uses are limited only by your creativity.
Naan Pizza with Grilled Autumn Vegetables
- 3 small zucchini
- 2 summer squash
- 2 carrots
- 3 tbsp. plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 bunch scallions
- Baby arugula
- Cherry tomatoes
- 4 large pieces of Naan
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
For the Whipped Ricotta
- Combine the ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice, zest and salt in a food processor with metal blade, or a blender.
- Blend for 2 minutes or until silky smooth in the food processor or blender, stopping to scrape down the sides of the container once or twice with a spatula. Set aside in the refrigerator.
For the Pizza
- Cut zucchini, summer squash and carrots lengthwise no more than ¼ inches thick.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until charred and just tender, 3 minutes per side. Toss scallions with 1 teaspoon olive oil and grill, turning occasionally until just tender. Transfer to a board and cut into pieces.
- Lightly brush oil onto Naan bread and grill until toasted, 1 minute per side.
- Spread ricotta on each piece of Naan, then top with zucchini, squash, carrots, tomatoes and scallions. Top with baby arugula and a few goat cheese crumbles. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.