Garlic & Herb Sauce:
- 5 cloves of garlic
- ½ peeled shallot
- 3 tablespoons each fresh thyme oregano, and rosemary leaves
- ½ cup of fresh parsley
- ¼ cup of olive oil
For the Roast & Vegetables:
- 5 pound New York strip roast
- 2 bunches of tri-colored carrots
- 2-pound bag of tri-colored baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Horseradish Cream:
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of prepared horseradish
For the Crostini Appetizers:
- 4 ounces of melted unsalted butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon of leftover garlic-herb sauce
- ½ cup of leftover horseradish cream
- ¼ cup of crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 French baguette thinly sliced on a bias to make crostini
- 8 ounces of strip roast thinly sliced into 1” square pieces
- 1 cup of spicy micro-green blend
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. Garlic and Herb Sauce: add the ingredients to food processor and pulse until it becomes smooth like a pesto. Set aside.
3. Roast: Place the strip roast on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and season well on all sides with salt and pepper.
4. Take ½ of the garlic and herb sauce and spread it on over the top and sides of the roast.
5. Bake in the oven at 450° for 20 minutes.
6. Horseradish Cream: While the steak is cooking add of the ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix together until combined. Keep cool until serving.
7. Roast: turn the heat down to 325° and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Vegetables: Toss ½ of the remaining garlic and herb sauce with the carrots, potatoes, olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
9. After the steak has cooked for 20 minutes at 325° place the vegetables around the steak on the sheet tray and bake for a further 25 minutes or until tender.
10. Remove the sheet tray and rest the steak for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
11. Serve alongside the horseradish cream and spread on 1 tablespoon of the garlic-herb sauce over top of the strip roast.
12. Crostini: Preheat the oven to 325°.
13. Mix together in a small bowl the butter and leftover garlic-herb sauce and set aside.
14. Next, mix together in a separate small bowl the leftover horseradish cream and crumbled bleu cheese, and set aside.
15. Spread the baguette slices out on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and brush the tops with the herb butter. Note, there may be some leftover which you can discard or keep.
16. Bake the baguette slices at 325° for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Cool.
17. Once cooled, evenly spread the bleu cheese horseradish cream on the crostini and place on a few thin slices of beef.
18. Garnish with the micro greens and serve.
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi l Click here to print this recipe