The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Chewy with a crunch, this batch of cereal bars makes a bunch… of tasty treats! We’re all about this stay at home “make and bake” routine right now. From baking bread for the first time to homemade pasta, brownies, cakes and more, I’ve been trying it all. Even though these cereal granola bars don’t involve any baking, you’re going to want to make them, trust me!
I know that during this time families are home more and looking for fun things to do together, and making these cereal bars is a fun way to pass the time. Using pantry staples that most everyone will have around the house, you can whip up a batch of these bars in 20 minutes or less, which gives you more time to enjoy them with the family. You could also make a batch to drop off to your neighbors, too!
Click Here to Print the Recipe for No Bake Cereal Granola Bars.
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 3 cups of your favorite cereal or whatever you have on hand (I used Fruity Pebbles)
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s wildflower honey
- 2/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sprinkles (optional topping)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and cereal. You can also add raisins, dried fruit, nuts or seeds if you like.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the brown sugar and honey and mix until all is melted and combined. Once everything is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour the butter, brown sugar and honey mixture over the oats and cereal and stir until all is coated.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. This will make it a lot easier to remove the cereal bars from the pan. Scoop and press in the cereal bar mixture and let it set in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Once it’s all set, slice into bars and if you like you can drizzle white chocolate over top and top with sprinkles.