The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Why drink your cocktail when you can eat it?
Made with whipped cream, these No-Bake Margarita Bars are light, fluffy and spiked with a shot of tequila. To create a truly craft cocktail experience, I also added some margarita mix along with fresh lime juice and zest.
This dessert is delicious, portable, picnic friendly and a reflection of the summer season.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Filling
- 12 oz. of whipped cream
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk or full fat coconut milk
- 2 oz. Altos Silver Tequila
- 2 oz. Tres Agaves organic margarita mix
- Juice and zest of one lime
- Extra lime zest, for garnish
For the Crust
- 2 cups mini pretzels or pretzel sticks
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted melted butter or 5 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Add all of the crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until a dough ball forms. If a ball shape doesn’t form, just pulse until the mixture sticks together well enough to press into a baking pan.
- Add the crust to a 9×13 parchment-lined baking pan. Press the mixture down flat into the pan until it fills the pan up to edges. Place in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the filling ingredients, except the whipped cream. Mix together until well combined and then whisk in the whipped cream.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust, top with most of lime zest and place back in the freezer to set. Let it set in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or up for 24 hours, before cutting into bars.
Note: Once the bars are completely chilled, cut them with a very sharp knife. I find the best way to get clean edges is to clean the knife after every cut or two.