The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Have you ever whipped up a batch of pancakes and been left with more than you can consume in one sitting? Or, are you looking to sneak a little extra nutrition into this family favorite morning meal?
These PB&J Pancake Tacos are an irresistible way to reinvent leftover pancakes using good-for-you ingredients! Loaded with Heinen’s fresh ground honey roasted nut butter and fresh fruit, this is a breakfast that kids and adults can enjoy on-the-go or at the table.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Pancake Tacos
For the Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
For the Filling
- Heinen’s honey roasted nut butter
- Raspberry jam
- Fruit of choice (chopped strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Whisk in the buttermilk and eggs until the batter is smooth
- On a nonstick griddle over medium-low heat, pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter and cook until the air bubbles pop in the middle of the pancake. Flip pancake and cook for another 30-60 seconds.
- Once the pancakes have cooled, smear one side with the nut butter and jelly and add your toppings!
- Fold like a taco and enjoy!