The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Kayla Breeden of Kayla’s Kitch and Fix.
Cheers to good health this holiday season!
This cocktail may look like a traditional festive and fizzy concoction, but there’s a secret ingredient that your taste buds will love and your immune system will thank you for!
The mystery ingredient is Health Junkie elderberry syrup! Made in Cleveland using wholesome ingredients, this immune-boosting syrup comes in three flavors and, unlike a lot of other elderberry syrups on the market, actually tastes good! You can add it to pancakes, waffles, smoothies and more, but in the spirit of the holidays, I added the tart cherry flavor to this pomegranate cocktail!
Mixed with soda and your favorite champagne or prosecco for fizz, sugar-free simple syrup for sweetness and pomegranate juice for some seasonal color, this cocktail is something you’ll want to sip all winter long!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Cocktail
- 1/2 oz. Health Junkie tart cherry elderberry syrup
- 1 oz. pomegranate juice
- 1 oz. sugar free simple syrup (optional if you want a sweeter sip)
- 6 oz. (1/2 can) ginger lemon Olipop (1/2 can) or 6 oz. ginger ale + a squeeze fresh lemon
- 3 oz. prosecco/champagne
- Add the elderberry syrup, pomegranate juice and simple syrup (if using) to a glass with ice. Stir together.
- Top with Olipop and prosecco and stir again.