The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Perfect for whipping up a quick and festive appetizer, Heinen’s frozen potato pancakes are the shortcut you can count on for pulling together a delicious holiday spread without the stress.
While traditional potato pancakes are often paired with sour cream or apple sauce, this recipe combines a citrusy marmalade with ricotta cheese for an elevated flavor profile and eye appeal.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It incorporates high quality shortcuts. Instead of spending time making your own potato pancakes, this recipe calls for Heinen’s authentic premade potato pancakes, which you can find in the Frozen Department.
- It’s quick and easy. You’ll only need a handful of ingredients and about 15 minutes total to pull it together.
- It’s totally customizable to your tastes and preferences. Sour cream can be swapped in for the ricotta, and you can pick from Heinen’s wide assortment of jams, jellies and preserves to switch up the flavor profile.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen’s frozen homestyle potato pancakes
- Heinen’s avocado oil
- Ricotta cheese (Whole milk recommended)
- Bonne Maman orange marmalade (or favorite fruit preserves or jam)
- Heinen’s ground cinnamon
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Prepare the potato pancakes using Heinen’s avocado oil according to package directions.
- Allow the potato pancakes to cool for a few minutes, then top each with a dollop of ricotta cheese and marmalade.
- Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon and garnish with thyme leaves. Serve immediately.