The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These Prosciutto Melon Bites are the most refreshing summer appetizer!
Topped with a goat cheese and honey drizzle and Heinen’s balsamic glaze, each bite is sweet, salty and decadent.
This recipe is extremely easy to make, but everyone loves a good shortcut, so don’t hesitate to grab the pre-cut cantaloupe pieces from Heinen’s Produce Department to save time!
While shortcuts are great for the fruit in this recipe, definitely don’t skip the goat cheese and honey drizzle! It’s a super simple way to take this bite-size appetizer from ordinary to extraordinary!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cantaloupe, sliced into small 1-inch chunks or Heinen's pre-cut cantaloupe
- 8 oz. prosciutto
- 1 package fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 Tbsp. goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s honey
- Heinen’s balsamic glaze, for serving
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Wrap one cantaloupe chunk in a half slice of prosciutto. Repeat until all cantaloupe is wrapped.
- Top each piece with a mozzarella ball and secure with a toothpick.
- Microwave the goat cheese for 30 seconds in a small microwave-safe bowl. Add the honey and mix. The mixture should be runny.
- Top half of the bites with the goat cheese and honey drizzle. Top the remaining half with Heinen’s balsamic glaze.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.