The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte.
During the fall, pumpkin is king! We’ve seen this seasonal flavor show up in pies, coffees, casseroles and salads, but what about breakfast?
If you’re craving pumpkin from the moment you wake up, these Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies are how you’ll want to break your fast!
Full of the pumpkin flavor we know and love, these Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies pack a sweet and nutritious punch with good-for-you ingredients.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Dozen Cookies
- ¼ cup Heinen's coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup
- 2 ½ cups gluten free quick oats
- 5-6 dates, pitted and diced
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds or unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Heinen's dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup Heinen's pumpkin purée
- 2 Heinen's cage free eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Add the pumpkin puree and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- In a food processor, blend the oats, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder until it resembles the texture of flour.
- Combine the coconut oil mixture with the finely-ground oat mixture.
- Fold in the dates, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, drop ¼ cup-size scoops on the lined baking sheet and slightly flatten with the backside of the spoon or scoop. Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven, cool and enjoy!