The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Bread Over Heels, a food scientist and blogger. For more of her recipes and baking tips, visit her website or her Instagram @breadoverheels.
Not only are these eye-catching muffins packed full of pumpkin spice, they’re also peppered with chocolate chips, crushed pecans and a dash of turmeric to elevate your favorite seasonal flavors.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Muffins
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen's butter, melted
- ¼ cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 15 oz. can Heinen's pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cup Heinen's granulated sugar
- 3 Heinen's cage free eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 heaping cup Heinen's pecan halves, chopped
- 1 cup Heinen's milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with baking spray or butter.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and canola oil. Let sit to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin and sugar. Stir in butter and oil mixture. Gently stir in eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, turmeric and salt. Stir in chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by heaping ¼ cup into prepared muffin tins. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until center is set. Let cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing from tin.