The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Combine classic Indian flavors with fresh swordfish from Heinen’s in this bright and flavorful red curry bowl!
Known as the “steak of the sea,” swordfish happens to be my favorite fish of all for its meaty and dense flavor and texture. Typically, I enjoy this fresh catch as a full fillet, but in an effort to add some variety to my dinner routine, I decided to cube it, dress it with a delicious red curry sauce and serve it in a beautiful bowl alongside an assortment of Heinen’s Midwest grown veggies and rice.
I could not dream of a summer meal more delicious than this! Let’s dig in!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup light, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup red curry sauce
- 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 lb. swordfish, skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 3-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 10 oz. baby spinach and arugula
- 1 cup hot, cooked brown basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro or mint, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with olive oil. Add the garlic and shallot and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat until they begin to soften.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to cook 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken slightly.
- Add the curry sauce, brown sugar and lime zest and stir to combine.
- Add the cubed swordfish and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the zucchini and bell pepper. Cook for 15 minutes on low, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the swordfish is cooked through. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Prepare each bowl with some cooked basmati rice and the spinach/arugula mix. Spoon the curried swordfish and veggies overtop and garnish with basil and cilantro. Top with a lime wedge and a drizzle of coconut cream, if desired.