The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Roasted Carrots with Pistachios is the perfect spring side dish or addition to your Easter meal.
Roasted carrots are sweet and complimented nicely with fresh herbs, red onion, creamy, tangy feta cheese and crunchy pistachios. You will love this light and fresh side!
Roasted Carrots with Pistachios
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 16 oz. carrots, leave whole if small or cut into slices if large
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup Heinen's feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pistachios, de-shelled, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the carrots and toss until the carrots are covered.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and spread the carrots in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the carrots are tender, flipping the carrots once.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with feta cheese, pistachios, fresh parsley and red onion. Serve warm!
- Swap out the spices with anything you like such as Italian seasoning, za’atar and sumac are nice.
- Fresh herbs are always nice, so feel free to add any you have on hand like oregano, thyme and basil.
- For added sweetness, drizzle a little bit of honey over the carrots before roasting.