The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These Roasted Parmigiano Reggiano Sweet Potatoes are basically the fall season in a side dish!
With creamy sweet potatoes, shallots, authentic Italian 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano and a topping of crisp panko breadcrumbs, each bite is packed with fall flavor and texture.
Don’t forget the crispy sage – it’s so delicious on top and adds an undeniable taste of the season! Whether you’re entertaining or just looking to sneak some extra nutrients into your weekly dinners, give this side a try!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil, divided
- 1 cup Heinen’s panko bread crumbs
- 3 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of Heinen’s olive oil in a pan. Toast 1 cup of Heinen’s panko bread crumbs until golden brown.
- Combine 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, the cubed sweet potatoes, the sliced shallot, 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder, 1 tsp. Heinen’s onion powder, ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper, and ½ cup of Heinen’s grated 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano in an oven-safe baking dish. Stir well. Top with breadcrumbs and bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the potatoes are baking, add the remaining Tbsp. of olive oil to the pan. Fry the sage until crisp, then set on a paper towel to drain.
- Top the roasted sweet potatoes with additional Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and crispy sage.