The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
A little chocolate goes a long way when satisfying the sweet tooth, and these Salted Chocolate Honey Nut Bars prove it.
Perfect for breakfast or a quick, healthy snack on-the-go, you might be surprised to find that these chocolate-dipped treats are actually full of nutritious ingredients.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 20 Bars or 40 Squares
For the Granola
- 18 oz. old fashioned oats
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pepitas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
For the Topping
- 1 lb. melting chocolate
- Honey, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine oats, almonds and pepitas in a large bowl.
- In a microwaveable glass bowl, add brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon. Mix well. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes, or until the mixture starts bubbling.
- Add vanilla and stir well.
- Pour honey mixture over the oat and nut mixture and stir very well.
- Generously spray a lined 12×17 jumbo baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Evenly spread granola onto the pan.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until the oats are golden brown and toasted.
- Let the granola cool completely before cutting. This may take up to 3 hours, but it’s very important to wait until it’s completely before cutting.
- Once the granola is completely cooled, cut it into 20 bars or make them smaller and cut in squares!
- Place the granola bars on a lined baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes. This helps make the dipping process easier.
- Remove the bars from the freezer. Dip the bottom of each bar into melted chocolate, then sprinkle flaky sea salt on the chocolate. Let chocolate set in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and drizzle the tops of the bars with honey.