This recipe and photos were provided by Sally Roeckell of Table and Dish and were originally published at 365Barrington.com.
On a hot, sunny day the last thing anyone wants to do is work over a hot stove … even a seasoned cook. I would much rather play paddle ball on the beach or sip cocktails on the deck. Summer is a time for gatherings, but why spend all day chopping fruits and vegetables or mixing up salads from scratch when Heinen’s has ready-made salads and freshly cut produce ready to throw together?
Today I’m going to show you how you can assemble a delicious salad fit for a party using items that are chopped and prepped in the ready-made salad section of your local Heinen’s.
Simple Watermelon Salad
- 4-5 Cups watermelon, cut into ¾-1 inch cubes
- 4 Turkish cucumbers (or one English), cut into ¾ inch cubes
- ¼ Cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup mint, chopped
- ½ Cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ¼-½ Cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ Cup toasted pistachios
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- ⅛ Cup red wine or white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt, more to taste
- Cracked pepper
- A pinch ground clove
- Place watermelon, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Add herbs, feta and pistachios.
- Gently mix.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and clove. Mix to incorporate. Add to salad as desired.
I was unable to get either recipe to print.
Hi Melanie, sorry about that! We fixed the link. Here is the printable recipe: https://blog.heinens.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Simple-Watermelon-Salad.pdf