The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
This summer is all about s’mores!
I’ll be honest, I’ve never been a huge fan of the traditional campfire s’more routine of roasting and sandwiching marshmallows and melted chocolate between graham crackers, but what I do love are these melty, fresh-out-the-oven s’mores cookies.
For a gourmet kick, I added a little coffee, because it enhances the chocolate with next level flavor.
Bring these to your next cookout or campfire to satisfy everyone’s s’mores cravings!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 16 Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. brewed coffee
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups marshmallows, chopped
- 1 cup graham crackers, chopped small
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes until creamy. We don’t want any lumps! A hand mixer will work too.
- Mix in the eggs and coffee.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix with your hand or a spoon until just combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix to form a dough.
- Add the graham cracker pieces, chopped marshmallows and all of the chocolate to the dough. Save a few pieces of each to add to the top of the cookies once formed, if desired.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop 2-3 Tbsp. sized balls onto the parchment paper, leaving enough room for each cookie to expand while baking.
- Press the balls down with your palm so they cook evenly. Place extra graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow pieces on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Looks amazing and I can’t wait to try making these! One question, though, is the coffee already brewed or ground beans? Hard to tell because it just says 2 Tbls.
Hi Stasia, thank you for your question. The coffee is already brewed and we updated our recipe to be more clear. Happy baking!
Just made these tonight. Delicious! Made mine smaller so about 4 dozen.
We are delighted to hear that they were delicious! We hope you come back for s’more.