The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
This summer is all about s’mores!
I’ll be honest, I’ve never been a huge fan of the traditional campfire s’more routine of roasting and sandwiching marshmallows and melted chocolate between graham crackers, but what I do love are these melty, fresh-out-the-oven s’mores cookies.
For a gourmet kick, I added a little coffee, because it enhances the chocolate with next level flavor.
Bring these to your next cookout or campfire to satisfy everyone’s s’mores cravings!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 16 Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coffee
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups marshmallows, chopped
- 1 cup graham crackers, chopped small
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes until creamy. We don’t want any lumps! A hand mixer will work too.
- Mix in the eggs and coffee.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix with your hand or a spoon until just combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix to form a dough.
- Add the graham cracker pieces, chopped marshmallows and all of the chocolate to the dough. Save a few pieces of each to add to the top of the cookies once formed, if desired.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop 2-3 Tbsp. sized balls onto the parchment paper, leaving enough room for each cookie to expand while baking.
- Press the balls down with your palm so they cook evenly. Place extra graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow pieces on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.