The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Let the good times roll this year! Everyone wants to start the new year on the right foot, so why not begin with something as simple as adding healthier options to your daily diet?
These Southwestern Hummus Wraps featuring Heinen’s hummus and red bell pepper are a super simple way to enjoy a healthy meal while staying within budget. Just grab the few ingredients below and you can wrap, wrap, wrap all year long!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 large tortillas
- ½ cup Heinen’s Southwestern Hummus
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in long thin strips
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- ½ avocado, sliced in thin long strips
- ½ seedless cucumber, sliced in thin rounds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread half of the hummus down the center of one tortilla. Do not spread all the way to the edges.
- Layer two of the lettuce leaves down the center, overlapping slightly.
- Layer the red bell pepper slices perpendicular to the lettuce, followed by the cucumber and lastly, the avocado slices.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll up one edge of the tortilla. While you roll, tuck in the sides and continue rolling.
- Slice the wrap in half or enjoy whole.