When you’re in need of a sweet snack that fills you up between meals and does your body good, whip up a batch of these Strawberry and Blueberry Energy Bites.
Sweetened naturally with dates and formed into bite-size balls with a wholesome mixture of ground oats, almonds, almond butter, fresh fruit and raw honey, these bites go from good to great with a coating of shredded coconut!
Easy to make in advance, prepare these energy bites over the weekend to have on hand for all of your snacking needs in the week ahead!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 32 Energy Bites
- 2 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats, divided
- 1/2 cup strawberries, about 3 medium-size berries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 pitted medjool dates, divided
- 1/2 cup almond butter, divided
- 1/4 cup raw honey, divided
- Add 3/4 cup of shredded coconut, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup almonds, 5 dates, 1/4 cup almond butter and 2 Tbsp. of honey to a food processor. Process on high speed until smooth and completely incorporated.
- Remove the contents from the food processor and place in a clean bowl.
- Repeat step 1 with the blueberries and remaining ingredients.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp. portions of the blueberry mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls into the shredded coconut and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat step 4 with the strawberry mixture.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.