The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Figs, bacon and cheese. What more could you want in a holiday appetizer?
Stuffed with BelGioioso’s Crescenza-Stracchino and wrapped in Heinen’s crispy CARE Certified bacon, these figgy bites are packed with flavor and taste even better drizzled with Heinen’s organic raw honey.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 20-25 dried figs
- 8 strips Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/2 package BelGioioso Crescenza-Stracchino
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried rosemary
- Optional: Heinen’s organic raw honey, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Fill a medium-size saucepan with water and bring to a simmer. Add the figs, cover, then remove from the heat. Let the figs sit for about 5 minutes, or until they are plump and rehydrated. Remove the figs from water, pat dry and set aside.
- Combine the Belgioioso Crescenza-Stracchino cheese, oregano and rosemary in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Slice off the stem of each fig and cut a small slit down the side. Stuff with a small spoonful of the cheese mixture, then wrap tightly with a piece of bacon. Place a toothpick through the fig, holding it together. Repeat until all figs are stuffed, wrapped with bacon and assembled with a toothpick.
- Place the figs on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with Heinen’s organic raw honey and serve.
- You may also use fresh figs in this recipe. If you use fresh figs, use the whole package of Belgioioso Crescenza-Stracchino and cut bacon slices in half instead of thirds.
- Some cheese may leak out of the fig – that’s ok! It will still taste delicious.