The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
If you’re looking for a meal that capitalizes on the nutritional benefits of meat and vegetables, add Stuffed Bell Peppers to your dinnertime lineup.
Simple, colorful and full of flavor, you simply can’t beat the mouthwatering combination of a savory ground beef, tomato and rice mixture paired with freshly roasted bell peppers.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lb. Heinen’s CARE Certified ground beef
- 2 cups white long grain rice, cooked
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning blend
- ¾ cup Heinen’s marinara sauce
- 6 bell peppers, hallowed out
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add in the oil and onions. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then add the ground beef. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Stir in the rice, tomatoes, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, seasoning blend, salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- Slice off the top of the peppers and remove the stem by slicing around the inside.
- Place the bell peppers into a 13×9 casserole dish. Fill each pepper evenly with the rice and meat stuffing.
- Top each pepper with marinara sauce and the remaining shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are cooked and the cheese is melted.