- Total time:
Swap out the scrambled eggs and tofu-fy your taco for a plant-based spin on a Mexican-inspired breakfast.
Tofu Breakfast Tacos
- 1 block of Tofu
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Optional Seasoning: Cumin, paprika or taco seasoning
- Diced Avocado
- Onion (finely chopped)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Siete Foods Tortilla Shells
1. Take 1 block of tofu and completely drain out the liquid.
2. Crumble the tofu into a mixing bowl.
3. Add in nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic, onion powder and any additional seasoning you’d like to include. Stir together.
4. Transfer “scrambled” tofu to skillet and cook on medium-high heat with finely chopped onions for approximately 5 minutes or until flavor has been absorbed.
5. Place scrambled tofu and sauteed onions on your favorite tortilla. Right now, I’m loving Siete Foods!
6. Add all of your favorite toppings. I used diced avocado, green peppers and cilantro.