Triple Green Power Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups Heinen’s arugula
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or you could also use a toaster over.
- Toast pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally until fragrant but not browned, 5-8 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with cold water and a handful or two of ice cubes. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2-4 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the water, and transfer immediately to prepared ice bath.
- Allow them to sit in the ice bath for a few minutes, swirling them gently to assure they are all cooling quickly.
- Dry the stalks once removed from the ice bath.
- Combine shallot and vinegar in another small bowl; season with salt and pepper and set aside at least 10 minutes.
- Whisk oil into shallot mixture; season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine peas, asparagus and arugula; add vinaigrette and pistachios and toss to combine.
- Top with cheese (optional).