There’s no better time for a delicious soup with a nutritional boost than the middle of a Midwest winter!
Featuring fresh cauliflower and hearty red lentils blended smooth with almond milk and vegetable broth and flavored with immune-boosting turmeric, this creamy soup will fill your belly and fuel your body!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, quartered
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup red lentils
- 2 cups Heinen’s vegetable broth
- 2½ cups Heinen’s unsweetened almond milk, divided
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- Cracked pepper, for garnish
- Lime, for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Add the cauliflower, shallots and garlic to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and spices and toss to combine.
- Transfer the veggies to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once roasted, transfer the veggies to a saucepan. Add the lentils, broth and 2 cups of milk. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk.
- Serve immediately and top with desired garnishes.