The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Turmeric Chickpea Avocado Boats are a delicious, easy and healthy lunch that’s perfect for the new year!
Easily enjoyed on-the-go, fresh avocados are stuffed with a creamy, turmeric-spiced chickpea salad, which creates a meal that’s loaded with protein, fiber, healthy fat and, most importantly, big flavor.
Add a scoop to half of an avocado and you’ll find yourself full for hours! If you have leftover chickpea salad, it’s delicious on toast or in salads.
Turmeric Chickpea Avocado Boats
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 avocado boats
- 1 can Heinen’s chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s turmeric
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s tahini
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted and halved
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl. Gently smash with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the turmeric, garlic powder, mustard, tahini, Greek yogurt and celery. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop the chickpea salad into avocados and serve.