The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This tasty Tuscan Bread Salad is the perfect Mediterranean side dish for summer!
I like to throw a couple bright and colorful assorted peppers on the grill, along with a few thick slices of crusty Italian bread for nice chargrilled flavor.
After a few minutes, take the peppers and bread off the grill and combine the remainder of the ingredients for a delicious and simple side dish.
Tuscan Bread Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- ½ loaf Italian bread, thickly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 assorted bell peppers, seeded
- 1 can Heinen's cannellini beans, drained
- 1 can Heinen's artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- ½ red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsps. fresh basil, chiffonade
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the bread on both sides with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Set aside.
- Add the bell peppers to a bowl and toss with the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Take the peppers and bread out to the grill.
- Place the peppers and bread on the grill for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the peppers have a few grill marks and the bread is toasted.
- Cube the bread and cut the peppers in 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the beans, artichokes, onions and tomatoes and mix to combine. Garnish with basil.
- For the vinaigrette, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Serve alongside the salad.