The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Burgers might be an American dish, but this one in particular has a Greek twist. Made with a juicy lamb patty and topped with a delicious gyro sauce, this dinner will take your taste buds on a trip to the Mediterranean with just one bite!
- Shepherd’s Pride Ground Lamb
- Aladdin’s Small Plain Pocket Pita
- Amir’s Tzatziki Gyro Sauce
- Heinen’s Baby Arugula
- Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers
- Mt. Vikos Feta Cheese
- Near East Broccoli Cheese Couscous
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Prepare couscous according to package instructions
- While couscous is cooking, shape ground lamb into burgers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers until desired doneness. Split open the pita making a pocket for ingredients.
- Spread inside of pita with tzatziki then stuff with arugula, roasted peppers and feta cheese.
- Place burger inside pita pocket and serve with side of couscous.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.