The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
This dish is an American classic gone Greek!
Made with a juicy lamb patty and topped with a delicious gyro sauce, one bite of this burger will send your taste buds on a trip to the Mediterranean!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Ground Lamb
- Aladdin’s Small Plain Pocket Pita
- Amir’s Tzatziki Gyro Sauce
- Heinen’s Baby Arugula
- Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers
- Mt. Vikos Feta Cheese
- Near East Broccoli Cheese Couscous
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Prepare the couscous according to the package instructions
- While the couscous is cooking, shape the ground lamb into burgers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers until desired doneness is achieved. Split open the pita, making a pocket for ingredients.
- Spread the inside of pita with tzatziki, then stuff with arugula, roasted peppers and feta cheese.
- Place the burger the inside pita pocket and serve with side of couscous.