The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Reinvent traditional meatloaf and mashed potatoes with turkey and rutabagas!
Featuring a simple rutabaga mash served beside slices of our flavorful premade turkey meatloaf with BBQ sauce for drizzling or dipping, this creative spin on a classic meal will leave your belly full and satisfied.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen's Turkey Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce
- Heinen's Diced Rutabaga
- Broccoli Slaw
- Fresh Gourmet Crispy Garlic Pepper Onions
- Place the diced rutabaga in a pot and cover with water. Place over medium heat and simmer until tender.
- Mash the rutabagas (just like mashed potatoes) with butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat. Sauté the broccoli slaw in a little bit of olive oil.
- Drizzle the meatloaf with the BBQ sauce and heat it in the microwave until hot. Garnish with the garlic pepper onions and serve alongside the sautéed slaw and rutabaga mash.