This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Thanks to prepared dough and a handful of easy store-bought toppings, this delicious vegetarian pizza is weeknight-friendly and on the table in under 20 minutes. Top it with a simple baby arugula salad (or serve it on the side) to add a bit of seasonal freshness.
Vegetarian Pesto Pizza with Fresh Greens
- 1lb Papa Sal’s Prepared Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Pesto Sauce
- 1 cup Heinen’s 6 Cheese Italian Blend
- 1/2 cup Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 medium fresh Fennel Bulb (cored and thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Fresh Baby Arugula
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 500F. If using a pizza stone, place in the oven prior to heating.
- Roll out pizza dough.
- Top with pesto, cheese, red peppers and fennel.
- Bake until the crust is lightly golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. About 7-8 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly dress arugula with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt to taste.
- Top the pizza with arugula, slice and serve!
If you have leftover pesto you don’t plan to use within a few days, freeze it in an ice cube tray. Once frozen, pop out the pesto cubes and store them in a freezer bag for up to 6 months. Use them to brighten up a pot of vegetable soup or pasta sauce.