The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Yoko Segawa of Yoko’s Kitchen.
Whipped Greek yogurt, angel food cake and fresh berries create a simple yet delectable dessert.
Baking angel food cake from scratch is a labor of love. This dessert is meant to be easy, so grab a fresh-baked angel food cake from Heinen’s Bakery. It creates the perfect fluffy base for this trifle.
Keep in mind that Greek yogurt does not whip up like regular whipped cream, so look for soft peaks instead of stiff peaks.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Heinen’s angel food cake simplifies the process of creating this delightful trifle.
- Protein-rich Greek yogurt adds body to this dessert, and its mild tang complements the refreshing sweetness of the berries.
- This dessert recipe is so simple, but the outcome is magnificent! You can elevate the flavors of this dessert by serving alongside a chilled rosé.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. strawberries, sliced
- 12 oz. blueberries
- 12 oz. raspberries
- 1 (14 oz.) Heinen's angel food cake
- 3 cups non-fat Greek yogurt, chilled
- 2 cups Heinen's heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup Heinen's pure organic maple syrup, chilled
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, heavy cream, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to whip, starting on a low speed. Gradually increase the speed and whip until soft peaks form. Use a spatula to scrape off the side and mix well from time to time to make sure all ingredients are mixed.
- In a trifle dish, fill the bottom with a single layer of angel food cake, then add the berries and cream. Repeat 2 to 3 times until the dish is filled to the top. Garnish with cream and berries.