The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Citrus is perfectly in season right now, and that means it’s the ideal time to make this
bright and light Winter Citrus Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread!
With lots of fresh lemon and orange zest, fresh citrus juice and a flavorful glaze, this bread is the perfect breakfast, snack or treat to celebrate citrus season.
Packed full of zucchini, this treat is a great way to sneak in some veggies, too! Even better, add some sliced lemons and oranges on top for a truly beautiful presentation.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Zest of one small lemon
- Zest of one small orange
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
For the Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- Sliced lemons, blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, mix eggs, olive oil, lemon and orange zest and juice and sugar until all ingredients are combined.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in flour and mix until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the zucchini and poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and gently tap it on the counter to even out the batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry. Allow bread to cool in the loaf pan for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire wrack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle on top of the bread.
- Garnish with sliced lemons, blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges.