What is a Watermelon Radish?
You can find the freshest watermelon radishes in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
- Slightly sweeter than an ordinary radish
- Has a mild sub-acidic taste that blends well in salads
- Known for its watermelon-like vibrant magenta flesh and green skin
- Crisp in texture, making it ideal for eating out of hand
- The perfect colorful compliment to cheeseboards, salads and steamed vegetable dishes
- Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator
- Surround with ice water a few minutes before serving for optimal crispness
- Choose radishes with well-formed roots and green tops