What are Organic Peaches and Nectarines?
You can find the freshest Organic Peaches and Nectarines in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out what’s in season by clicking here.
- Grown on Stemilt Farms in Washington state
- Available in yellow and white varieties
- White peaches are known for their super-sweet and refreshingly smooth flavor with very little acidity, while yellow peaches are extremely juicy and a little fuzzy
- White peaches are best enjoyed out of hand, on the grill or in baked goods, while yellow peaches are great for freezing and canning
- White nectarines are fuzz-free, sweet and smooth with very little acidity, while yellow nectarines are fuzz-free, mildly tangy and super sweet with a vibrant red flesh
- White nectarines are best enjoyed out of hand, in salads, on the grill or paired with ice cream, while yellow nectarines are best frozen or combined in sauces
- Ripe peaches and nectarines will be brightly colored and free of bruises or blemishes
- Refrigerate ripe peaches and nectarines and enjoy within 7 days