What is a Blood Orange?
The Blood Orange is not currently in season, check back and we’ll let you know when they’re ready. Check out what’s in season by clicking here.
- Prized for their deep red flesh and juice
- Develop their namesake color in climates with warm days and cool nights
- Significantly sweeter than the ordinary orange with vibrant floral flavor
- Easy to peel and best enjoyed raw, cooked or juiced
- Lasts up to two weeks in the refrigerator
- We source our Blood Oranges from our friends at Melissa’s Produce.
Blood Orange Recipe Inspiration
Blood Orange Chia Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat or fat-free)
- 1/2 cup fresh blood orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic raw honey, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s maple walnut granola
- Blood orange slices, for serving
- Combine the Greek yogurt, blood orange juice and Heinen’s organic raw honey in a bowl. Add the chia seeds, stir and cover. Let chill overnight, or for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Divide the pudding between bowls and top with Heinen’s maple walnut granola and blood orange slices.
- Finish with a drizzle of honey and serve.