What is a SunGold Kiwi?
You can find the freshest SunGold Kiwis in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
· Characterized by its vibrant yellow flesh
· Has hairless skin that’s a golden-brown color
· Contains a smaller core and fewer seeds than the traditional green kiwi
· Tropically sweet in taste that is best described as a cross between a mango and a strawberry
· Easily enjoyed by cutting it in half and scooping out the flesh with a spoon
· Low in calories, high in fiber and contain more Vitamin C than an orange and traditional green kiwi
· Generally ripe and ready to eat upon purchase, but get sweeter as they ripen
· Once ripe, store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks