What is Delicata Squash?
You can find the freshest Delicata Squash in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
- Locally grown in Ohio
- Beloved for its delicate, edible skin
- Features a creamy, sweet yellow flesh
- Great source of potassium and dietary fiber
- Belongs to the same family as yellow summer squash and zucchini, although it is commonly categorized as a winter squash
- Extremely versatile, it can be stuffed and baked, steamed, roasted or sautéed
- To prepare, slice it in half and scoop out the seeds
- Seeds can be roasted, similarly to pumpkin seeds
- Can be stored for up to 3 months in a cool, dry place
- Avoid refrigeration