The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
With virtually zero prep necessary, this quick and healthy family friendly recipe is made for weeknight cooking. A few handy shortcut ingredients, including Two Brothers teriyaki sauce and Heinen’s cooked brown rice, will help you get this meal on the table in 15 minutes or less.
I always have a bag or two of Heinen’s frozen peas and carrots in our freezer for quick stir-fries and fried rice. You could easily swap in any combination of frozen vegetables, including riced cauliflower, shelled edamame or stir fry blend. While this version calls for ground turkey, it works with ground chicken, beef or pork, too. If using ground beef or pork, I suggest draining off the fat after browning and before adding the seasonings.
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil or preferred cooking oil
- 1 pound Plainville Farms 94% lean ground turkey
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 16 oz. package Heinen’s frozen organic peas & carrots
- ⅔ cup Two Brothers teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 2 packages Heinen’s organic cooked brown rice, heated according to the package instructions
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and brown, using a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces. Continue to sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, garlic powder and ground ginger.
- Fold in the frozen peas and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the teriyaki sauce and continue to cook until the vegetables are heated through, about 3-4 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat, fold in the green onions (if using) and serve over warm brown rice.