- 1/4 cup Green Onion, minced
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2, 14 oz cans Wild Salmon, drained
- 3/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sesame Seeds, optional
Teriyaki Mayo Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Teriyaki Sauce
For the patties:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the patty ingredients through ground ginger. Drain salmon and remove any bones. Add salmon and panko and fold in with the wet ingredients (it’s easiest to do this with your hands).
2. Add eggs and continue to fold everything together until well combined. Shape into 6-8 patties.
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot (oil should be shimmering), add patties in a single layer and allow to sear. You may need to cook two batches.
4. Cover (to minimize splatter) and cook for 4 minutes.
5. Flip and cook for 3-4 additional minutes.
6. Top with Teriyaki Mayo.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with raw or quickly steamed sugar snap peas.
For the Teriyaki Mayo:
1. In a small dish, whisk together mayonnaise, orange juice and teriyaki sauce.
Prepping ahead?: Prepare the salmon patty mixture up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate. Shape the patties just before cooking them. The mayo sauce can also be prepared up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for Asian Salmon Patties with Teriyaki Mayo.