The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This Asian-inspired salmon is swimming with colorful ingredients and bright flavors, creating a salad experience unlike any other!
Sautéed in soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and sriracha, this salad features a truly unique balance of salty, sweet and spicy flavors with added bursts of freshness from grapes, apples and juicy pomegranate arils.
Asian Salmon Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 8 oz. salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Swerve brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- Red grapes, halved
- Matchstick carrots
- McIntosh apples, sliced
- Pomegranate arils
- Sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Asian vinaigrette of your choice
- Season the salmon fillets on each side with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to lightly smoke, add the salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Set the salmon aside and add the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and sriracha to the pan. Whisk while adding the corn starch.
- Cook until the mixture is thick, then add the salmon fillets back to the sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the arugula to a bowl and evenly layer on the grapes, carrots, apples, pomegranate arils, salmon, green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with your favorite Asian vinaigrette from Heinen’s.