The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Everything is better wrapped in bacon, and these Mini Meatloaves are no exception!
Personal-size and full of savory flavor, Heinen’s CARE Certified ground beef is combined with garlic, onions, bell pepper and Worcestershire sauce to create a deliciously juicy meatloaf that tastes like the dinnertime staple you remember from childhood.
Wrapped in Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon and finished with a sweet and savory sauce, it’s a good thing these meatloaves serve one, because you won’t want to share!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Meatloaves
- 2 lbs. Heinen's CARE Certified 85/15 ground beef
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 yellow onions, peeled and small diced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and small diced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup Heinen's bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 strips Heinen's CARE Certified bacon
For the Sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add all of the ingredients for the meatloaves, except for the bacon, to a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Form 12 meatloaf pucks and place them on a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Wrap one strip of bacon around the outside of each meatloaf puck. It will overlap by a few inches. Repeat this process with the remaining meatloaf pucks.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- While the meatloaves bake, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl until combined.
- When the meatloaves finish cooking, spoon the sauce on top and return to the oven to cook at 375 °F for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.