The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
Whether or not you’re an avid internet user, you’ve likely at least heard of the Baked Feta Pasta that made its way into the homes of millions after going viral on social media.
A simple combination of tomatoes, feta and noodles, it’s a simple dish that really is quite tasty, but it’s about to get better with few more flavorful add-ins.
I believe that the one thing this fan-favorite recipe lacks is protein. Chicken would taste great, but to keep this recipe simple and light, I opted to remove the carb-heavy pasta and add Heinen’s frozen wild cod fillets. They can be found in the freezer case of the Seafood Department and come in bags of single-wrapped fillets for easy use and storage.
Thawed and nestled into a bed of cherry tomatoes, green peppers, red onions, feta, Kalamata olives and loads of fresh seasonings and spices, this dish is full of good-for-you color and flavor.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 ½ lbs. Heinen’s frozen wild cod fillets
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- ½ jar or 8 oz. pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 bunch basil
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Ensure the cod is thawed and thoroughly patted dry.
- In an oven-safe dish, place the quartered cherry tomatoes, chopped green pepper and onion, half of the feta cheese, halved Kalamata olives and minced garlic. Season with the salt and half of the oregano.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and stir to combine.
- Nestle the cod in the veggie mixture and add the remaining oregano and red pepper flakes. Add an additional small drizzle of olive oil on top of the cod.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened and the cod is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a fresh squeeze of lemon and chopped basil.
- Serve with rice.
*This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.