The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These Baked Parmesan Panko Scallops are the perfect dish for an easy date night at home!
While this recipe feels fancy, it’s incredibly approachable. The scallops are packed with herb and lemon flavor and finished with a delicious crunch from Heinen’s Italian panko bread crumbs.
I recommend serving this dish with risotto and roasted vegetables for added flavor and texture, or a cut of Heinen’s CARE Certified steak for an elegant surf & turf dinner at home!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 1 bag Heinen’s frozen scallops, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Italian panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s organic dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s organic dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F . Spray a small, deep, broil-safe baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pat the thawed scallops dry and place them in the baking dish.
- Combine the melted butter, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian parsley, lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and pour over the scallops.
- Bake the scallops for 10 minutes, then broil for 2-3 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.